The Plant Manager plans, directs, implements and tracks standard operating procedures, initiatives and goals for all plant operations & departments. The Plant Manager will monitor and coordinate effective and efficient utilization of employees through proactive, high participation teamwork involvement. The position directs all day to day activities of the plant consistent with company policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Responsibilities
- Responsible for organizing, administering, and directing a team approach among direct reports to maximize throughput, improve service levels, manufacturing all products to customer expectations, and to control operating expenses.
- Supports and maintains the highest level of safety and environmental performance
- Supports and executes drive for continuous improvement across all areas of plant performance
- Review and analyze production-related remakes and customer complaints to determine causes of nonconformity, corrective action needed, and ensures appropriate production personnel are trained on preventative actions.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual strategic and business operating plans with preparation of budgets for plant operating volumes and costs and all plant related capital expenditures.
- Work to consolidate the number of suppliers, negotiate price of raw materials and supplies, and effectively resolve any quality or service issues with product.
- Oversee the management of all operating systems, contracts, and daily facility/grounds management to ensure the normal flow of business. This includes air handling system, humidity control, telephone service, security, and fire systems.
- Properly maintain and schedule service of production equipment to help reduce /minimize production downtime.
- Provides effective measurements for performance against operating plans and standards and provides reports and communicates to appropriate staff.
- Define manufacturing objectives for each department. Develops short and long range goals. Works with appropriate Staff and related departments to determine manufacturing capabilities and capacity requirements.
- Communicates with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded manufacturing capabilities and services.
- Ensures that timely and cost effective staffing measures are developed and executed.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure effective utilization of resources, providing training and skill development where needed. Identifies talent deficiencies and develops appropriate developmental plans with defined objectives.
- Maintains effective communications within areas of responsibility. Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training for subordinates and ensures that the responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
- Facilitates and schedules cross training to insure machine coverage and minimize overtime.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of Standards
- · Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written information to employees and top management
- · Experience with inks, coating, curing of film, slitting and seaming and converting preferred or successful
- · Hands on management experience utilizing GMP’s
- · Experience in driving operational activities through standardized procedures and measurements.
- · Must be familiar with new product development and technology transfer
- · Experience managing a minimum annual production value of sales of $10 million ·
- Result driven
- Direct, manage and make day-to-day decisions coordinating with department supervisors regarding personnel scheduling, manufacturing operations & scheduling, maintenance and quality assurance.
- In coordination with appropriate staff; identify, implement, document, track and tweak standard operation procedures to ensure consistent and efficient on-going manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for identifying, assigning and follow through of preventative maintenance programs.
- Identify & develop goals and objectives for manufacturing department supervisors to improve overall quality and manufacturing performance. Establish benchmarks and monitor overall performance for manufacturing and quality standards.
- Plan & Coordinate with manufacturing department supervisors and HR in identifying proper staffing requirements to meet objectives and to control labor costs.
- Plan and Coordinate the maintenance, upgrades and replacement to companywide facilities and capital equipment.
- Responsible for the company’s overall floor organization and facility cleanliness.
- Identify and develop a cross training program in order to minimize downtime and overtime.
- Identify and groom talent for succession into key plant manufacturing and supervisory positions to insure continuity of operations.
- Work with estimating and sales in reviewing and identifying manufacturing processes for existing and potential new business to insure profitability and quality objectives are met.
- In coordination with HR prepare and participate in all manufacturing assigned personnel’s annual performance reviews. Prepare and participate in any disciplinary issues and plan of action requirements as they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of and experience with film manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of and experience in leading a progressive manufacturing facility
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Strong planning/organizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team setting
- Ability to effectively communicate/present findings to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and perform other functions associated with leading and managing a group
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- · Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years of related experience desired
- · 10 years management experience
Ability to read to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figure and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is in an office and on the production floor. The noise level varies throughout the plant.